probably, Haarlem. Nowadays Haarlem is located in The Netherlands.
He moved to Leuven (Louvain) and married there in 1448.
Leuven is a city located in the province Flemish Brabant in Belgium.
Dirk Bouts married twice and had 4 children, 2 daughters and 2 sons.
His 2 daughters went to convents and his 2 sons became painters who
brought Bouts workshop into the mid-16th. century.
painting located Museum Boijmans van Beuningen in Rotterdam
Dirk Bouts attained the rank of city painter in Leuven in 1468.
That was during the reign of Charles The Bold, Duke of Burgundy.
The first documented works from Bouts dated from 1457.
The Last Supper
One of his famous paintings is the Last Supper, a central panel of the
Altarpiece of the Holy Sacrament, commissioned by the
Leuven Confraternity of the Holy Sacrament in 1464.
The current location of the Last Supper is the St. Peters's Church in
Like other Early Nederlandish painters, Bouts's works are spread
around the world. There are paintings of him in:
- Musée des Beaux-Arts in Lille (France);
- Nationalmuseum in Stockholm (Sweden);
- Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York (USA);
- Bargello in Florence (Italy);
- Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco (USA);
- Museu Calouste Gulbenkian, Lisbon (Portugal);
- National Gallery in London (United Kingdom);
- Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen in Rotterdam (The Netherlands);
- Museu de Arte Sacra do Funchal, Madeira (Portugal);
- Philadelphia Museum of Art (USA);
- National Gallery of Art, Washington (USA);
- Alte Pinakothek in Munich (Germany).
and many more...
Source pictures: Wikipedia